With a large family, pets and lots of carpet, you’ll quickly discover that a carpet shampooer is a good addition to your cleaning arsenal. Unlike a vacuum that just sucks up debris and dirt from your carpets, a carpet washer uses detergent to scrub the carpets clean.
If you’ve never used a shampooer before, you’ll really notice a huge difference in the appearance and cleanliness of your carpets. In fact, most people with kids and pets can’t live without their carpet cleaner-vacuum combination.
What can I use in my carpet shampooer?
We’re frequently asked by customers, “What can I use in my carpet shampooer?” and the answer is that most brands manufacture their own shampoos or detergents for their carpet shampoo cleaners. Some sell one detergent for all their models, while others sell different detergents for each model or even for particular types of stains and odours. If all of this sounds too confusing, just ask us and we’ll guide you in the right direction.
What is the best carpet shampooer?
When you want to know what the best carpet shampooer is, it’s best to consider the brand of the carpet washer as well as its functionality and accessories.
- Vax Compact Power Carpet Washer VX97: This carpet shampooer comes with an 800W motor, a 1.5L capacity and twin tanks that keep the dirty and clean water separate. It also has a motorised brush and powerful suction to attack deeply embedded dirt and a narrow floor head that helps to get into hard-to-reach places.
- Wertheim SE2000 Extractor Carpet Shampooer: This option comes with a 700W motor, 2L capacity, rotating brush, spray control trigger and edge-clean design to scrub close to walls and skirting boards. It also removes moisture from carpet after shampooing it, helping your floors to dry faster.
- Optim Carpet Shampooer: This model has a 500W motor and a 1.7L capacity. It features fingertip trigger controls and a twin tank system that keeps the clean and dirty water separate. Its compact and lightweight design makes it easy to use and store away until your next cleaning session.
- Bissell CleanView™ Lift Off® Carpet Shampooer: This model has a 1000W motor, 2.8L capacity and two tank system, and it’s great for cleaning close up to walls and skirting boards. It also comes with 12 rows of brushes to remove stubborn stains and maintains a constant temperature for effective cleaning. It can also be transformed into a portable cleaning appliance.
- Bissell CleanView™ Essential Heatwave Carpet Shampooer: This carpet washer has an 800W motor, 3.8L capacity and twin-tank system. It cleans right up against the edges of the walls and skirting boards and maintains the same temperature throughout the clean. It also has six cleaning rows on a rotating brush to remove embedded stains.
- Bissell CleanView™ ProHeat® 2X Carpet Shampooer: This model comes with an 800W motor and 4.7L capacity. It has 12 rows of dual rotating power brushes to loosen and remove deeply embedded dirt and releases a jet of cleaning solution at the touch of a button. It maintains a constant water temperature, gets up close to the edges of the walls and skirting boards, and features extra suction to help dry your carpets quickly. This is a carpet cleaner-vacuum combination that makes short work of cleaning your home.
- Bissell Little Green® Spot & Stain Carpet Extractor: This cute little spot-cleaning carpet washer features an easy-grip handle that lets you use it around the home or in the car to quickly remove occasional stains. It comes with a 350W motor, a 1.4L capacity, a spray trigger for pretreating stains, on-board tools and a tough brush for deep cleaning. Made from 75% recycled materials, this is a great option for cleaning up accidental spills.
If you need any help deciding which carpet shampooer is best for your needs, why not chat to one of our experts online or in-store today?