A steam mop is a very versatile cleaner that’s become popular over the past few years with our Kiwi customers. There are quite a few models on the market and Godfreys have a select range in our stores. The Bissell steam mop and Hoover steam mop seem to be the front runners, but we have other options to choose from as well.
If you’re considering bringing one of these appliances into your home, it’s a good idea to understand its versatility and how you might make the best use of it. So, what is a steam mop used for in an around your home?
What is a steam mop used for in the home?
If your steam mop comes with the right collection of accessories, it can be used to not only clean your tiles and carpet, but also your windows, curtains and other furnishings. You can also use it to steam clean the interior of your car, removing the build-up of odours that always seem to linger on vehicle upholstery. Some of our customers even use the accessories of their steam mop to clean the stove top and inside their oven. It’s a very versatile appliance.
Another question we are often asked at Godfreys is, are steam mops good for hard wood floors?
Are steam mops good for hard wood floors?
The answer to this question is yes. Steam mops can quite easily be used to keep your hard wood floors squeaky clean, but the timber must be fully sealed. If hard wood floors are not sealed properly, the hot steam can get inside the timber and cause it to warp. So, if your timber floors are old, it’s best to have them looked at by an expert who can properly seal them (if needed) before using your steam mop to keep them looking as good as new.
Best steam mops in NZ
- Hoover Dual Steam Plus Steam Mop: This Hoover steam mop has a 1600W motor, a 0.3L capacity and a dual tank design that separates the optional detergent from the water. It comes with 25 steam holes in the floor head, trigger steam control and a swivel head for getting into hard-to-reach places. It can be easily used as a handheld steamer and includes 14 accessories to make short work of cleaning your home.
- Hoover Steam Plus Steam Mop: This Hoover steam mop has a 1150W motor and a 0.3L capacity. It comes with washable microfibre cloth pads that are easily removed and can be popped into your washing machine to be cleaned. There’s also an ergonomic rubber-grip handle and a removable water tank for easy filling.
- Bissell PowerFresh™ Deluxe Steam Mop: This Bissell steam mop has a 1600W motor, a 1.89L capacity and variable steam settings. Spring breeze fragrance discs leave a lovely scent in your home and a swivel head makes it easy to clean hard-to-reach spots. It even has an on-board brush to remove tough residue.
- Bissell PowerFresh™ Slim Steam Mop: This Bissell steam mop has a 1600W motor and a 0.349L capacity. It easily transforms from an upright steam mop to an extended reach cleaner or handheld steamer, making cleaning your home a breeze. It also has a steam trigger that releases extra steam and a low profile swivel head to clean tight spots.
- Vax VX22 Steam Mop: This model comes with a 1500W motor and twin tank technology providing 0.5L water capacity and 0.25L detergent capacity. It comes with two washable cloth pads that make short work of your dirty floors.
- i-Vac Pure Fresh Steam Mop: This option comes with a 1200W motor and three steam settings that allow you to tailor the power of the steam to the floor or furnishings. It features an easy-to-use swivel head and is a lightweight model that’s easily stored.
If you need any help deciding which steam mop is best for your needs, why not chat to one of our experts online or in-store today?