Wet and Dry Vacuums
Wet and Dry Vacuums
A wet and dry vacuum gives you the best of both worlds because you can mop and vacuum at the same time. This means you only have to whip around the house once, rather than doing it first with a vacuum and then with a mop and bucket. A wet vac is a very versatile machine with more powerful suction than standard vacuums, making it the ideal cleaning machine for both small and large households as well as businesses.
How do wet and dry vacuums work?
Many of our customers ask us how wet and dry vacuums work, so here’s a quick explanation. Just like standard vacuums, the design of a wet and dry vacuum cleaner is very simple. Instead of using a collection bag or canister for dust and debris, a wet and dry vacuum has two collection chambers to keep the clean and dirty water separate. The motor is usually located on top of the collection chambers. When the vacuum is in use, the dust, debris and spills are sucked into these chambers for collection while the air passes through the system and out via an external port.
Best wet and dry vacuum
There are two features that are very important when you’re selecting a wet and dry vacuum: the power of the motor and the capacity of the collection chambers. The higher the wattage of the motor and the greater the capacity of the chamber, the better your machine will be at cleaning a large area. A wet vac with a small motor and capacity is ideal for small to medium households and businesses, while models with bigger motors and greater capacities are ideal for larger households and businesses.
- Pullman 60L Wet & Dry Commercial Vacuum Cleaner: This is currently the largest wet and dry vacuum cleaner stocked by Godfreys. It comes with two powerful 2300-watt motors and a huge 60L capacity. It also has an ergonomically designed outrigger trolley and telescopic trolley handle to make it easy to move around. With on-board accessory storage and a crevice tool to clean hard-to-reach places, this is a seriously useful wet vac that means business.
- Work Hero Wet & Dry Commercial Vacuum Cleaner: This model has a 1100-watt motor and a 20L capacity. It’s also equipped with a HEPA filter, so it’s ideal for people with asthma and allergies. Its tough stainless steel construction is still lightweight and the four castors are both robust and agile. This is an affordable wet and dry vacuum cleaner that’s perfect for small to medium size homes and businesses.
- Pullman AS10 Wet & Dry Commercial Vacuum Cleaner: The next size down from the 60L Wet & Dry is the Pullman AS10, which has a 1000-watt motor and a 20L capacity. With a noise level of only 60 decibels, this wet and dry vacuum offers whisper quiet operation for noise-sensitive environments. It also features 360-degree swivel casters so it swivels on a dime and has a long 13m reach so you don’t need to worry about straying too far from power points.
- Pullman CB15 Wet & Dry Commercial Vacuum Cleaner: This wet vac has a 1000-watt motor, 15L capacity and 10m reach. It was designed to tackle tough commercial cleaning tasks and features a stainless steel construction that can withstand regular, lengthy cleaning sessions.
- Pullman PC4 15L Wet & Dry Commercial Vacuum Cleaner: Another wet and dry vacuum cleaner with a 1000-watt motor, 15L capacity and 10m reach. There are two differences between this model and the CB15 model above, as this model doesn’t have a stainless steel construction but can be used as either a bagged or bagless vacuum. It also has dual castor wheels at the front for easy manoeuvrability.
If you need more help choosing the best wet and dry vacuum for your home or business, why not chat to one of our experts online or in-store today?