Any pet owner with a dog or cat that sheds hair all over their home will appreciate the value of a good pet vacuum. Pet fur’s ability to get embedded in upholstery, carpets and rugs is legendary, so a vacuum designed specifically for dislodging and removing this fur is essential.
Some of our customers ask us, “What is a pet vacuum cleaner?” So, let’s check out some of the important features to look for in a quality pet hair vacuum.
What is a pet vacuum
This is a vacuum that is designed with pets in mind, because regular vacuums don’t always remove embedded pet hair from deep pile carpets. This means you’ll often need a pet vacuum cleaner with a powerful motor and brushes or a power head designed to loosen the embedded fur and efficiently remove it from carpets.
Best vacuum for pet
The best vacuum for pet hair in NZ will depend on whether you want a bagged, bagless or upright cleaner. We’ve scoured the Godfreys inventory and compiled our recommendations for all three of these categories.
Best bagged pet hair vacuum cleaner
- Hoover Regal Bagged Vacuum Cleaner: This model features a powerful 1650-watt motor, a HEPA filter and a 2.3L capacity. This pet hair vacuum also comes with a self-propelling power head and height adjustability to quickly remove deeply embedded pet fur. You can change the level of suction for different floor heights, and utilise the 11 included cleaning accessories for a top-to-bottom clean.
- Hoover Allergy Bagged Vacuum Cleaner: This Hoover pet vacuum features a 1600-watt motor, a HEPA filter and a 2.5L capacity. It also comes with a self-propelling power head to remove embedded dirt and dust from carpets and a handheld turbo tool to remove pet hair from upholstery.
- Wertheim 7 Series Vacuum Cleaner: This vacuum features a 1500-watt motor, four-stage HEPA filtration and a 2.5L capacity. It has a power head that lifts 36% more dirt from carpets than other leading vacuums, as well as adjustable suction controls and seven cleaning accessories.
- Wertheim Dog & Cat bagged Vacuum Cleaner: This model features a 1350-watt motor, a HEPA filter and a 2.3L capacity. This pet vacuum cleaner comes with an air-driven turbo floor brush and mini turbo hand tool for multi-surface pet hair removal.
Best bagless pet vacuum cleaner
- Hoover Dog & Cat Bagless Vacuum Cleaner:This Hoover vacuum features a powerful 1800-watt motor, a HEPA filter and a 1.1L capacity. This specially designed pet vacuum also comes with a turbo head that lifts the carpet fibres to remove stubborn pet hair, an intelligent blockage sensor and premium Hoover accessories.
- Hoover Regal Bagless Vacuum Cleaner: This vacuum features a 1600-watt motor, a HEPA filter and a 1.75L capacity. It also comes with a self-propelling power head with height adjustability for deep carpet cleaning, bright LED lights and an 11-piece accessory kit.
- Hoover Action Pets Bagless Vacuum Cleaner: This model features a 1300-watt motor, a HEPA filter and a 1.1L capacity. This pet hair vacuum also comes with a deep-cleaning power head for removing embedded dust, dirt and pet hair from carpets, bright LED lights and Hoover accessories.
- Hoover Eco Pets Bagless Vacuum Cleaner: This Hoover model features a 1100-watt motor, a HEPA filter and a 1.75L capacity. It comes with a turbo brush floor head for deep cleaning carpets to remove pet hair, multi-cyclonic technology for increased airflow and Hoover accessories.
Best upright pet vacuum cleaner
- Vorwerk Kobold VK200 Upright Vacuum Cleaner: If you prefer an upright pet vacuum cleaner, this model features a 700-watt motor and ultrasonic sensors to automatically adjust the power for different floor types. It’s equipped with a filter that removes 99% of airborne dust and allergens, as well as a telescopic tube and swivel/pivot joint for easier cleaning. It’s not as powerful as the other options, but it’s ideal for quickly removing pet hair in small households.
If you need more help choosing the right pet vacuum for your home or business, why not chat to one of our experts online or in-store today?